IPTV—Connect Roku Player & Set Up Philo IPTV
This guide explains how to connect the Roku 3 streaming player to your TV.
Connect your Roku to Wi-Fi
- Plug your Roku into the TV
- Turn it on and make sure your TV is set to the correct input
- During the Roku setup, you'll be asked to choose a wireless network—choose 'MyDevices'
Set up your Roku
- To activate your Roku, go to Create Your Roku Account
An activation code and address will display
- Go to the address on your computer and register the Roku
You'll be able to create a new Roku account or add your device to an existing Roku account
- Once you have created your account, you can manage your account and subscriptions,
name your devices and link/un-link devices
Add Philo (IPTV)
This step will get you set up with SJSU’s TV service, Philo
- On your computer, go to SJSU-Philo
- Log in using your SJSUOne ID and password
- Click the tool icon (on the top right), and then select 'Settings'
- This is where you can set your preferences
- Scroll down to the bottom of the 'Settings' page, and then click the 'Register Roku'
- Follow the steps on screen to continue linking your Roku
- Go to Welcome to Your Roku Account
- Click the button on the website to add the channel
- Enter the code displayed on the TV screen into the Philo form
It may take a few minutes for the channel to appear on your Roku after adding it
The channel will be called Philo